Job location: Apeldoorn
Starting date: as soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: February, 25th 2019.
Workhours: 36-40 hours
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Purpose of the position
The Grant Writer is based at ZOA Apeldoorn and supports the ZOA country office in Yemen with the emphasis on proposal and report writing. The Grant Writer is based at Head Quarters in Apeldoorn, but some extent of travel to Yemen is expected
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Proposal and report writing
- The Grant Writer contributes actively to the programme management in ZOA acquiring institutional and non-institutional funding
- Lead or support the development and submission of high quality concept notes, proposals and reports.
- Work effectively with colleagues in other functions (such as Programme Officers and Sector Specialists) and partner organisations to develop joint funding proposals.
- Write proposals and reports to ensure compliance on donor guidelines, based on input from the team in Yemen.
- Maintain analysis of institutional donor humanitarian policy, trends and funding opportunities.
- Represent ZOA at country-level meetings with donors, as required.
Proposal and report writing
- Provide support to the team in Yemen in other areas as requested (i.e. review of SOPs, manuals)
Knowledge & Experience:
- Solid track record or experience of planning for and securing of funds from institutional donors, such as DFID, ECHO, OFDA/BPRM and relevant UN agencies
- Extensive experience of writing high quality proposals and reports
- Ability to represent ZOA to donors and other external institutions
- Experience of building the capacity of individuals and teams for resource mobilisation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, Dutch and French preferred
- Planning and organising;
- Able to influence others
- Ability to work effectively with others in diverse team situations to achieve fundraising targets
- Self-motivated, target-driven and a proactive approach to funding
- Ability to adapt to working in a challenging environment, in potentially insecure locations
- Ability to manage time effectively, and adapt priorities to respond to changing demands and tight deadlines, across multiple time zones
- Based in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands with the possibility of field visits to Yemen
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
Grant Writer must be available and ready to be deployed at short notice (deployment is unaccompanied). ZOA will ensure the post-holder receives technical and operational inductions, as well as security training.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in Apeldoorn and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Interested and you want to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the application form on our website www.zoa.nl; there you can also upload your CV and motivation letter.
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa.nl or www.zoa-international.com. If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact the HR-department, via e-mail email@example.com. If you are interested in this position, please apply directly before, February 25th 2019.