Location: Apeldoorn, the Netherlands
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Permanent position
Hours : Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
Do you want your work to impact the world?
ZOA is looking for
Internal Auditor(s) (f/m)
ZOA’s Internal Auditors have an immediate effect on the quality of our development work
The internal auditors at ZOA assess the quality of the internal organisation, the execution of projects in the programme countries in addition to and in conjunction with the internal management framework in the Netherlands. The outline and effectiveness of the quality management system will both be assessed, including offering advice on how to further develop and improve the system. The audits are prepared based on the results of self-assessments, which have been done by the management of programme countries. The work that needs to be done is set down, per audit, in so-called terms of reference, and is always made up of a combination of operational, programmatic, financial and compliance-related control and advisory tasks. The subsequent results and follow-up points will then be set down during the final interview with the country management, in the so-called audit log of ZOA Manager. In addition to this, each audit will be reported on in brief, to both the board and to the country management.
ZOA has made an excellent name for itself as a professional and reliable organisation. It is a reputation we value highly and that we are keen to expand on. As internal auditor, you will be making essential contributions to realising exactly that.
- Preparing a year-to-year plan for the (country) audits that need to be done, in close consultation with the country team and the Quality manager;
- Planning, preparing and coordinating the audits, with internal and external auditors, and the country team; reviewing the self-assessments, drawing up Terms of Reference and translating these into an audit plan;
- Conducting the audit in programme countries, discussing the outcome and results with the country team;
- Reporting and advising on (improvements on) the audit results, to the country team and the Board of ZOA.
- You will be a Chartered Accountant (CA) with a record in the relevant charter.
- You will have Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration, with substantial demonstrable experience in measuring and validating procedures;
- You will have at least three years of experience as an auditor in a similar position where you were a sounding board for senior management;
- You will preferably have worked in an international environment;
- You will have an analytic mind, be an extremely well-organised planner, be persuasive and a skilled communicator;
- You will have an excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written);
- The following character traits will describe you perfectly: inspiring confidence and of flawless integrity, positively critical, with an acute sensitivity to organisational, cultural and interpersonal differences.
- You will have a positive Christian faith and be in complete agreement with the mission and identity of ZOA;
- You will be able and prepared to travel 4 to 6 times a year (1-2 weeks on average per trip) to ZOA programme countries, for audits or staff training.
Are you interested in applying?
Check out our website for more information on ZOA (www.zoa.nl).
If you have any queries about the position, please contact email@example.com or phone + 31 55 366 3339, asking for Gerard Hooiveld, Quality Manager. You can apply for the position by filling out the application form on our website and uploading your CV and motivation, explicitly referring to the requirements above, by July 23rd at the latest. A digital assessment may be part of our recruitment process.
ZOA has an equal opportunity policy and is committed to workplace diversity. All qualified men and women, of all nationalities and cultural backgrounds, as well as those with disabilities are invited to apply for this position.
If you happen to be interested in this position (or ZOA in general) and unfortunately not see this posting until after the deadline, we would like to invite you to submit an open application to ZOA, using the application form on our website at www.zoa.nl/vacature. Whenever there is an opening, we always check our list of known applicants first.Solliciteer direct!